Phillips 66® Triton Heavy Duty ATF is a full-synthetic, heavy-duty automatic transmission fluid designed for use in truck and bus transmissions operating under severe service conditions or in extended drain intervals. It is particularly recommended by Phillips 66 Company for use in applications where the OEM specifies a fluid providing performance capability comparable to the Allison TES-295 specification.
Triton Heavy Duty ATF has excellent shear stability and high load-carrying ability to protect against viscosity breakdown and wear. It has excellent oxidation resistance and thermal stability to minimize the formation of sludge and varnish, and excellent friction durability to ensure smooth shifting and proper transmission performance for the life of the fluid. It also has outstanding low-temperature properties for year-round use, and protects against rust and corrosion.
Triton Heavy Duty ATF can provide extended drains up to 4 times the normal interval for a conventional all-mineral automatic transmission fluid. It was field tested for over 100,000 miles in a fleet of city transit buses operating in severe stop-and-go service. During this test, it provided outstanding protection against wear, glazing and sludge and deposit formation, while maintaining excellent shift quality throughout the duration of the field test.
• Excellent friction durability for smooth shifting throughout the service interval
• Outstanding oxidation resistance and thermal stability for long fluid life
• Protects against sludge and varnish formation
• Protects against wear
• High shear stability
• Protects against rust and corrosion
• Outstanding low-temperature properties for easier shifting in cold weather
• Good seal compatibility
• Good foam resistance
• Heavy-duty automatic transmissions in trucks and buses in extended drain or severe service, such as in intracity transit buses, intercity tour coaches, school buses, emergency vehicles, recreational vehicles, refuse vehicles and commercial utility vehicles
Triton Heavy Duty ATF is OEM-approved for service fill in:
• Allison automatic transmissions in off-highway applications where a C-4 fluid is specified (approval no. C4-32612008)
Triton Heavy Duty ATF is recommended for service fill in:
• Allison automatic transmissions in on-highway applications where a TES-295 quality fluid is specified
• Voith DIWA transmissions
• ZF Ecomat transmissions
Note: Triton Heavy Duty ATF is not OEM-approved by Allison under TES-295 certification, nor is it OEM-approved by Voith or ZF. Recommendations are based on demonstrated field test performance and testing against Allison C-4, Ford MERCON®V and GM DEXRON®-IIIH transmission fluid specification requirements.
|Triton Heavy Duty ATF|
|cP @ -40°C||7,000|
|Zinc, wt %||<0.003|
|Density, lbs/gal @ 60°F||7.04|
|Flash Point (COC), °C (°F)||-55 (-67)|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F||0.846|
|cSt @ 40°C||34.0|
|cSt @ 100°C||7.4|